I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please view my affiliate page for more info.
The holidays are a great time to spend with loved ones. And, guess what!? The holidays are also a great time to…
make money on your blog!
Awesome, right? Yeah, I know. So, with that being said, I am going to walk you through making money on your blog during the holidays (primarily focusing on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve), while also providing you all with specific affiliate networks/money-making ideas that I recommend using. So, without further ado, this is how to make money blogging during the holidays —
🎁 gift lists / gift guides 🎁
Guys. Gift lists and gift guides are so popular it’s not even funny. People love having some help when it comes to buying gifts for their parents, significant other, siblings, friends, etc. Because let’s be honest — gift-giving is not as easy as gift receiving. In fact, buying gifts for other people, especially as people get older, can be quite tricky.
That said, providing your readers with gift guides for the holidays is an awesome way to generate some income. To do this, I highly recommend making individually categorized lists for specific kinds of people. I am realizing how poorly I worded that, so allow me to better explain. What I mean by specific kinds of people is that people like having easily accessible information at their fingertips, so providing your readers with multiple gift lists for whoever it is they’re shopping for IS KEY!
Here are some people you should be sure to make holiday gift guides for:
- bloggers + content creators (youtubers and podcasters)
- jetsetters / travelers
- workout guru’s
- hostesses (+ hosts)
- pink lovers
- …and so much more! email me if you’d like some help designing and/or brainstorming ideas!
👗 holiday outfit ideas 👗
- thanksgiving outfit ideas
- christmas eve/christmas outfit ideas; casual, fancy, etc.
- new years eve outfit ideas
Use RewardStyle, ShopStyle, and Amazon Fashion for these kinds of posts, too!
💰 holiday deals and sales 💰
Partner with your favorite stores and offer your readers personalized coupon codes. Also, including affiliate links and coupon codes within your post will ensure that you earn a little commission for each sale that is made. Awesome, right? To make money during the holidays, you will have to do lots of research into your fav stores and brands so that you can provide your readers with specific sales, coupon codes, etc! Start tracking the stuff ahead of time.
🎄 holiday decorations 🎄
I absolutely love decorating for the holidays! That said, be sure to make posts that help your readers get an idea of what to buy to decorate for the holidays AS WELL AS where to buy holiday decor. Include links to stores and actual items to be most helpful. Readers love *detailed* shopping guides.
- Christmas trees
- Christmas lights
- holiday party decor
- diy decor (with links to supplies and whatnot)
- …..and so much more! Be creative!
🍴 holiday recipes 🍴
Yup, because who doesn’t love to eat (and drink)!? I know I sure as heck do. And guess what? The holidays are a perfect time to provide your readers with in-depth and detailed posts on your fav meals and how to make them. Now is the time to include links to your favorite cookware, bakeware, and anything else your readers will need in order to make the perfect holiday dessert, entre, or side dish. Remember, links are always very helpful AND that creativity is key.
Ideas to consider:
- the perfect _______ cocktail
- the best ______ bread recipe
- your grandma’s famous turkey + stuffing recipe
- the best pumpkin pie recipe ever
🕐 last-minute gift ideas 🕐
Raise your hand if you’re a last-minute shopper. Shame on you! Kidding. Like I have said — the holidays can become a stressful time of the year since so much is going on at once, so I understand that sometimes shopping can become a last-minute thing.
🧣 stocking stuffers 🧣
Who doesn’t love a great stocking stuffer!? I know I do! Help your readers out by providing an in-depth AND categorized post on what stocking stuffers they should be buying. Anything from hats, scarves, and gloves to gift cards, to makeup. Include it all, pal!
🎨 holiday diy posts 🎨
During the holidays, sometimes making gifts and/or decorations can be even more fun and heartfelt than buying something. I know that I personally love making my own wrapping paper and love scrolling through Pinterest finding and saving fun holiday DIY ideas. With that being said, providing your readers with a quality holiday-related DIY post is an awesome way to make some extra cash. Be sure to…
- include links to supplies
- include links to the stores you recommend they get their materials from
🎉 holiday party planning tips and decor 🎉
Planning parties is not as easy as it looks. It is super fun, but it can become stressful, especially during the holidays! So, help out your subscribers by giving them an in-depth post on how to plan the perfect holiday party (while also including a cute little holiday party planner printable) during the hectic season! To do this well, be sure to…
- Pick a popular holiday party you want to help your readers prepare for
- Friendsgiving | mid to late November
- Friends Christmas Party (mid to late December)
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
- Christmas Eve Party
- Christmas Day/Night Party
- New Years Eve
- Determine the steps you know they will need to take in order to make the party go off without a hitch
- Picking the date
- Invites | team up with an invite supplier to offer your readers a great place to buy invitations from
- The venue
- The food | include recipes with links to items and bakeware needed
- The drinks | include linked recommendations and/or recipes
- The decorations | include links to any decorations recommended or even specific items
- Be sure to include links to as many things as possible to make the planning even more detailed
There you have it — the ultimate bloggers guide to making money during the holidays!!
sharing is caring! share this post on pinterest using the two pinnable pins above xx
How do you make money blogging during the holidays? Let me know in the comment section below!
Thanks for reading and love to you all! And…happy holidays from me to you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️